Niagara Pride, Inc., is excited to announce that we will be holding our 2nd annual WNY Shopping with Pride event this June 2022.
Last year, this event was able to showcase over 40 different local WNY businesses that are LGBTQ+ or ally owned. The event was not only a successful fundraiser for our organization, raising over $7,000, but it was an incredible opportunity to highlight the importance of supporting locally owned merchants and businesses and demonstrate how diversity only serves to strengthen and enrich the tapestry of the communities we live, work, and play in here in WNY.
As a result of the donations we received from WNY Shopping with Pride in 2021, Niagara Pride, Inc. was able to implement the following programs:
- LGBTQ+ Diversity and Inclusivity Trainings for businesses and organizations – over 500 individuals locally were able to receive this training free of charge in 2021
- Know Your Status – a campaign designed to provide free sexual health information and resources to residents of WNY as well as create an online tool where individuals can easily locate HIV/AIDS and STI testing sites throughout the 8 counties of Western New York
- WNY LGBTQ+ Youth Vocational Training Conference – a one day event aimed at providing LGBTQ+ youth between the ages of 15-21 with lifelong skills and tools to seek employment, create resumes, interview for jobs, and effectively seek out training programs
- WNY LGBTQ+ Health and Wellness Fair – an opportunity for community members to learn about LGBTQ+ specific and/or affirming about programs, services, and resources offered by local community service providers
- Backpack drive for LGBTQ+ youth in need – Niagara Pride was able to supplement donations received in order to provide over 150 filled backpacks to WNY LGBTQ+ in financial need
- WNY Pride 5K – a virtual 5K race/walk in WNY with a focus of bringing awareness to, while also celebrating the local WNY LGBTQ+ Community
- WNY Pride Interfaith Committee – bringing together a network of local LGBTQ+ affirming churches and spiritual providers to work together to better address the spiritual needs of the LGBTQ+ community
- Collaborations with other local community service providers to be able to link individuals and families with LGBTQ+ specific Veteran support groups, addiction recovery services, cancer screening services, additional supports for families and friends of LGBTQ+ individuals
In terms of a little background, Niagara Pride, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization serving LGBTQ+ individuals and families in Niagara County and the surrounding WNY area. We offer community-based educational programming and engage in charitable work. Niagara Pride collaborates with other organizations to offer LGBTQ+ programming, social meet ups, Diversity and Inclusion training for organizations and businesses, health-based initiatives, and other events. We host June Pride events. As part of our charitable outreach, we have multiple donation drives throughout the year, which benefit individuals, families, and children in need. Niagara Pride, Inc. also facilitates welcoming social events, creating safe spaces in the community for LGBTQ+ individuals.
This June, we are planning a number of events aimed at celebrating LGBTQ+ Pride as well as bringing awareness to our community. During this month-long celebration of our community, we strongly believe that WNY Shopping with Pride would be greatly enhanced through partnerships with local WNY businesses donating to this event as a corporate sponsor.
WNY Shopping with Pride will take place from June 1 to June 30, 2022. As Niagara Pride’s primary fundraiser event for the year, we are asking participating merchants and businesses to donate at one of four sponsorship levels (see attached sponsorship level descriptions).
This year’s WNY Shopping with Pride has been extended through the whole month of June 2022. Our goal is to expand upon the partnerships we developed last year with local LGBTQ+ and ally owned businesses and merchants, in an effort to not only promote their establishments, but to also share the message that diversity and inclusion in business serves to strengthen our communities as a whole.
We look forward to partnering with you!